If you're looking for a delicious, nourishing and faff-free start to the day you've got to try our overnight oats. We’ve used PACK’D Organic Blackberries and Apple but you could use any fruit you fancy. Make the night before for a healthy and filling breakfast.
Hands on 5 minutes
Overall 15 minutes to overnight
Storage: Fridge for up to 2 days
- 2 cups jumbo oats (180g)
- 2 1/4 cups almond, cashew or oat milk (295ml)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup PACK’D Organic Blackberries (180g)
- 1 cup PACK’D Organic Apple (100g)
- Optional: maple syrup to taste
- Add the oats, plant based milk, vanilla and optional sweetener to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the blackberries to a non-stick pan with a little water (approx, 1 tsp) and simmer on a medium / low heat for 3 - 4 minutes until soft. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the apples to a clean pan with a little water (approx. 1 tbsp) and simmer on a medium / low heat for 2 - 3 minutes until soft. Turn off the heat, allow to cool then blitz with a stick blender until smooth, or mash with a fork.
If you’re not worried about layering the flavours in the jar you can stew both the apples and blackberries together in approx 1 tbsp of water for 3 - 4 minutes until soft. Allow to cool and mash with a fork.
- Layer oats and berries in jars and place in the fridge overnight. For speedier oats, simply allow the oats to soak for 10 minutes then layer into glasses with apple and blackberry compote or serve in a bowl.
For extra creaminess, serve with a good dollop of coconut yoghurt.
Show us how you make yours by tagging us on Instagram @packdco