Plant Based Creamy Cashew and Spinach Pasta
Are you on the hunt for a delicious, healthy meal that satisfies your craving for creamy pasta without the guilt? Look no further! Our creamy, plant-based cashew spinach pasta recipe is not only dairy-free but also packed with high-protein ingredients. With our PACK’D Organic Chopped Spinach, this meal gives you an extra nutritional boost, providing essential vitamins such as C, A, and K, and an excellent source of iron.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 3 tbsp Cashew butter (we have used Nooj foods – look them up , it tastes great)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 300ml Almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 and 1/2 cups PACK’D Organic Chopped Spinach (can be added frozen)
- 3 small sweet peppers
How to Prepare Your Creamy Cashew Spinach Pasta
- Blend: Gather all the ingredients except for the spinach. Place the cashew butter, Dijon mustard, almond milk, salt and pepper, nutritional yeast, and sweet peppers into your blender. Blend until the mixture turns into a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Mix: Cook three handfuls of your favourite pasta. Once cooked, drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Stir in the creamy sauce you just blended until all of the pasta is well-coated.
- Add Spinach: Now for the healthy twist! Stir in the PACK’D Organic Chopped Spinach. The heat from the pasta and sauce will help thaw the frozen spinach and blend its flavour evenly throughout the dish.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once the spinach is well-incorporated, serve the pasta in bowls. Enjoy this creamy, nutritious, plant-based pasta hot and fresh, or keep any leftovers and enjoy cold for lunch the next day. If you like an extra kick add a twist of black pepper!
This creamy plant-based cashew spinach pasta is more than just a mouth-watering meal. It's simple and healthy and gives that feeling of indulgence that proves eating well does not mean sacrificing taste. So go ahead, save this recipe and make it part of your regular meal rotation. Your body (and your taste buds) will thank you! 🥄