Sesame Garlic Tofu Cauliflower Rice Traybake: Serves 4
Hands on: 10 minutes
Overall time: 30 minutes for pan fried or 50 minutes for oven baked
Storage: Tupperware in the fridge for up to 2 days or freezer for 2 months
Gluten free, vegan
- 2 blocks extra firm tofu (600g), drained patted dry and cubed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 500g frozen cauliflower rice
- Sesame garlic sauce
- 1 red chilli, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Good pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp soya sauce (tamari for GF)
- Optional 1 tsp maple
- 80g red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/3 large cucumber, halved, seeds, removed + sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup (75g) frozen edamame beans, thawed in hot water for 3 minutes + drained
- 1 large spring onions, finely sliced
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
- Optional 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 200C / 180 fan.
Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Add tofu to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Toss with spices and 1 tbsp of dressing - bake for 45 minutes, turning once until firm. To pan fry for speedier results, toss spices with 1 tbsp of cornflour (this will make your tofu crispier) and fry in 1 tbsp of olive oil (8 - 12 minutes) until crisp.
Meanwhile, add the cauliflower rice to a clean baking tray lined with greaseproof. Toss with 1 tbsp of dressing and bake for about 25 minutes until slightly golden, stirring once.
Top cauliflower rice with red cabbage, cucumber, carrot, edamame beans, spring onions, almonds, optional sesame seeds and top with tofu. (Option to thread on skewers if you like for presentation.) Pour over the rest of the dressing and serve.