A delicious oaty, nutty bake that’s sugar free, packed with flavour and perfect for breakfast, snacking or baking. Delicious, layered with coconut yoghurt and PACK’D fruits or sprinkled on muffins or cakes.
Serve 6 - 8 (approx. 6 cups)
Hands on 5 minutes
Overall 20 - 30 minutes depending on method
Store 2 weeks in an airtight container
- 200g jumbo oats
- 100g mixed seeds (We used 50g pumpkin and 50g sunflower)
- 100g nuts of choice (We used 50g broken cashews and 50g flaked almonds)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 - 4 tbsp maple, to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla (or 2 tsp ground cinnamon, or both)
- 100g PACK’D Dates
- Optional: pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160 fan
- Remove dates from freezer and allow to thaw whilst the granola cooks. Chop into pieces.
- If using whole nuts, roughly chop or pulse in a food processor until chunky. Add to a mixing bowl with the oats, seeds, melted coconut oil, maple and vanilla. Stir to combine. Option to add a pinch of salt too.
- Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake 25 minutes until golden, stirring once. Allow to cool and toss through the chopped dates. Serve in a bowl with either plant-based milk or coconut yoghurt and fruit or stewed PACK'D frozen fruit.
- Remove dates from freezer and allow to thaw whilst the granola cooks. Chop into pieces
- If using whole nuts, roughly chop or pulse in a food processor until chunky
- Add the oats, nuts and seeds to a non-stick frying pan and toast for 6 - 7 minutes on a medium heat, stirring regularly, until golden. Remove from heat.
- Remove from heat. Place in a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Add the maple and dates and optional drizzle coconut oil (not 2 tbsp like in the oven method).
You don’t need coconut oil if using this method as it may make the granola softer if storing, but it is yummier with it.
Show us how you make yours by tagging us on Instagram @packdco