- Serves: 2 (2 slices of toast per person)
- Hands on: 5 minutes
- Overall: 10 minutes
- Storage: Best fresh or pea & avocado smash can be stored in a Tupperware in the fridge for 1 day
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed (400g)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 110g or 1/3 pack of PACK'D Avocado
- 140g or 1/3 pack of PACK'D Organic Petit Pois
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of toast
- Optional chilli flakes to serve
3 Optional seasonings for your crispy chickpeas
- 2 tsp spices (We like paprika, ground cumin + 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast) + salt, or
- 1 tsp curry powder + 1/2 tsp garam masala + salt, or
- 1 tsp dried rosemary + 1 tsp thyme + salt
- Preheat oven to 200C / 180 fan.
- For the crispy chickpea topping: add chickpeas to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt, plus optional spices. Roast for 25 minutes until golden and crispy, stirring once. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For your avocado toast: Thaw the avocado + petit pois either by removing from freezer for 30 minutes or if in a hurry, add to a mug of boiling water for 2 minutes and drain.
- Add our thawed PACK’D avocado, petit pois, lemon,1/2 tbsp of olive oil to a bowl and mash with fork to the consistency you like. We like ours a little more chunky.
- Stir through the seasonings to suit your taste (salt, pepper and garlic powder).
- Top toast with smashed avocado and peas and roasted chickpeas. Option to serve with a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Tuck in and enjoy.
Show us how you make yours by tagging us on Instagram @packdco