So you’ve finished work for the day. Staring at your fridge, not a clue what to make. We’ve all been there.
Here at PACK’D we’re all about simplifying nutrition, making it quicker and easier than ever to make good food, fast.
Our delicious Creamy Tomato Spinach Pasta is a quick and easy mid week meal, PACK’D full of goodness, using our NEW Chopped Loose Leaf Spinach. It’s a real time saver, which can be sprinkled into salads, soups and sauces – no more blocks, take a look below!
Creamy Tomato Spinach Pasta
- Serves: 2 -3
- Overall time: 20 - 25 minutes
- Storage: Tupperware in the Fridge for 2 days or freezer for 2 months
- 170g pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 44g vegan cream cheese
- 150g or 1/3 of our PACK’D Chopped Loose Leaf Spinach
Optional to serve
- Fresh chilli flakes
- Fresh oregano
- Vegan parmesan or cheese of choice
- Cook your pasta as per the packet instructions, we recommend al-dente. Drain + rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add your onions and fry on a medium heat for about 3 minutes until translucent. Add in garlic for 1 more minute until fragrant.
- Add your tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Allow to cook for 10 - 15 minutes on a medium / low heat until thicker and concentrated.
- Stir through some vegan cream cheese and our PACK’D Chopped Spinach and cook until the spinach is hot for about 2 minutes. Give it a taste and adjust seasonings to suit you.
- Toss in your pasta and stir through the sauce. Serve with optional chilli flakes, oregano + vegan parmesan.
- Tuck in and enjoy