We made these Sweet Potato and Petit Pois Samosas for Diwali last weekend and are already planning on making them again for parties this upcoming festive season - they make the perfect celebration nibbles. You can enjoy as a starter, as part of a buffet, or as a savoury snack between meals, they are super easy and super tasty.
We have developed these samosas to be 100% plant based and they really pack a punch with added spice. The recipe is sooooooo simple to follow and if you have your freezer stocked with our PACK’D Organic Sweet Potato and Petit Pois you’ll have these delightful, flavourful treats ready in no time.
- 1 pack of PACK’D Organic Chopped Sweet Potato 450g
- 1 pack of PACK’D Organic Petit Pois 450g
- 2 medium onions - diced
- 2 medium carrots - grated - (optional)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150ml water
- Curry spice to taste
- Frozen (or chilled) Filo pastry sheets
- Simply saute onions with curry spice in a pan for 9-10 minutes, on medium heat (so they are see through). You can use a little oil if you like.
- Add in a vegetable stock cube with 150ml of water.
- Bring this to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add in PACK’D Petit Pois, PACK’D Chopped Sweet Potato (and some optional grated/ chopped carrot if you fancy) simmer for 15-20 minutes until soft
- Cut the filo pastry into triangles (not too small)
- Place a spoon full of the mixture into the centre of each filo pastry triangle and then fold appropriately to make into samosa triangles.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees fan for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown!
- Enjoy straight from the oven or when they have cooled a little!
This is so easy - please do share what you think :-)