Our charred corn and avocado salsa is the perfect addition to any summer picnic, barbeque or family lunch. You could tuck in with tortilla chips or add to fajitas/tacos/burritos or on the side with a grilled protein of choice. Using our PACKD Ripe and Chopped Avocado and PACKD super sweet sweetcorn fresh, light and PACKD full of flavours and textures with a mild kick.
- Serves: 4
- Overall time: 20 minutes
- ½ pack of PACK'D super sweet sweetcorn
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 Pack of PACK'D Ripe and Chopped Avocado
- 20g pickled jalapenos (add more if you prefer spicy)
- Large handful of coriander approx. 20-30g
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp Oil (high smoke point oil)
- Optional tortilla chips
- Defrost our PACKD Avocado – Simply leave this out in a plate for 30 minutes or if pressed for time pop plate over a bowl or pan of hot water and allow the steam to heat stirring avos occasionally.
- Defrost our corn in the same way
- Heat a saucepan with oil on very high heat , add in your corn, stir and pop the lid on. Leave on high heat for 5 mins and stir, keep repeating till you begin to see some charring. You want to keep the lid on or most of the way on as corn kernels tend to jump!
- Chop all your salad ingredients and add to bowl and pour in your lime juice and salt.
- Allow your charred corn to cool slightly before adding
- Mix and enjoy
Show us how you make yours by tagging us on Instagram @packdco